Panhard EBR

#hashtags: #Panhard #EBR #World War II #French Army #Portugese Army

Panhard built the EBR in 1954-1963, though the company began designing it shortly after the end of World War II. It was used by both the French Army and the Portugese Army not only as a reconnaissance vehicle, but also as an anti-tank vehicle, armed with either the 75mm 90mm cannon. The purpose of the extra four wheels, which could be raised or lowered as needed, was to reduce ground pressure, allowing the vehicle to traverse muddy or sandy ground that would swallow a typical four-wheeled vehicle.The EBR could be steered from either end. Thus, a crew consisted of one front driver, one rear driver, one gunner and one vehicle commander  http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2010/03/04/march-military-campaign-panhard-ebr/Full gallery at http://www.warwheels.net/PanhardEbrFL10TROWBRIDGE.html