The new crash car, with all the recently developed goodies stored in the trunk

#hashtags: #September 17 #Marshall

The City of Tacoma Police Department purchased a new accident prevention car which was placed in service September 17, 1947Sgt. Bob Marshall shows the batteries for the electric flares that are part of the special equipment on the car. Other special equipment included: a first aid kit, drawing board, steel measuring line and a $300 camera and loud speaker.Found on http://search.tacomapubliclibrary.org/images/dt6n.asp?un=7&pg=1&srequest=Police--Tacoma--1940-1950&stemming=&phonic=&fuzzy=&maxfiles=